Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/5/09

Salute to the Storm
24x30, acrylic on canvas>

Salute to the Storm is a larger work-up of a small painting I did years ago and always wanted to work up into a larger piece. I've been working on it as the thunder has started to roll on Marco Island and we're finally getting some rain.

This painting, and others can be seen at the Blue Mangrove Gallery on Marco Island, through the month of August. Another group of my paintings can be seen at the Progress Energy Gallery on Main Street in New Port Richy through September as part of their Viva La Florida exhibition. Hope you can get to one or the other.

I started sending out monthly newsletters a few months ago, and just started using Constant Contact, an email program that makes my newsletter easy and professional. I'm setting up separate columns like Collector's Corner, or Learn about the Everglades or In the Studio, that will be repeated each month.

If you're subscribed, you should have just received my August newsletter. If you don't receive the newsletter and would like to, you can sign up by going here. Just put your email in the space just below the photo of me!

A newsletter should go only to people who want it. The people who receive mine have all expressed an interest in receiving email from me, so it's surprising to learn that only little more than half of the people it's sent to even open it. If you are receiving the newsletter, and are no longer interested, there's a little "opt out" link at the bottom for you to unsubscribe. But I'd much rather have you forward it to someone else who might enjoy it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...