Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/1/14

Don't be Fooled!


Pot of Purple, 2014, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7" 
 
I started painting the Everglades twenty years ago.  I fell in love with the light and the bold forms.  Lately I've notice a number of similar paintings, so that several people have mistaken other's paintings for mine.    While imitation is a sincere form of flattery, it also can infringe on copy right issues.  So here are some hints to help you determine an original Sanborn painting:

1.  The color harmonies and compositions that make up my work are unique.   If it doesn't have subtleties and nuances  it may not be and original Sanborn.

2.  I use high quality acrylics, (occasionally small oils) on archival canvas or hardboard, so your paintings will stand up to good use now and survive being handed down later.   

 

3.  My signature frames are almost always gold, unless you custom framing.


4.  "Sanborn" is singed on the front, and since 2005, on the back you'll find "j sanborn," the month and year of completion, and the paiting's title in black charcoal pencil

So, don't be fooled!
 
 ***
Thanks to the collectors and friends came to the season's final tea. The African Red Tea was quite popular. On my new new pin-up board at the studio/gallery there are photos of people with their Sanborn painting. If you want to join in, bring in a photo or send me one to add to the collection.  You'll get a bag with some special tea as long as they last.
 
***

As the season draws to a close, I'll miss the many friends and collectors who have visited the studio/gallery. Your kind compliments, and purchases of precious Everglades landscapes  have made me glad to be painting what I love the most.  Thank you!

Have a wonderful Spring, and take a moment to notice all of nature's small wonders!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...