Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/20/15

Quiet Sunset, daily painting by Everglades Artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Quiet Sunset, 2015, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x 7" - sold

After searching the Internet for solutions, and trying many of them over the past few weeks, I'm finally once again able to upload photos to my blog, The answer for me seems to be downloading and switching to the browser Chrome. So far, it's lovey.  With a painting to show you, I can write to you between monthly newsletters and keep you up to date on what's going on in the arts and around Marco. Remember, if it gets too much, you can always unsubscribe at the bottom of each post.

What fun it was to be able to attend the Marco Island Center for the Arts Gala last week.  It was held at the Country Club which is always a treat to visit.  I sat with some people who have been helping me out in the studio as well as some good friends.  The night was colorful, delightful, and full of surprises.  Congrats to all who made it possible. To see what else they're planning, click here.

I'll be teaching a three-day workshop through the Center for the Arts next week, so I'm deep in the specifics of teaching art again.  I've made a couple of handouts because I know how hard it is to remember everything a teacher might say.  Having some written words in front of you, and a place to take notes will help to reinforce the lessons.  We'll spent some time in the studio, I'll demo a bit, and we'll work from photos.  Then we'll go outside, and really look at the landscape.  That's where the real learning takes place as students use their eyes and palettes to interpret what's in front of them. Since you may not be able to attend, I'll post some of the information we discuss here for you, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...