Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/18/15

In the Pink, 2015, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"

Some people have been watching Shark Week on TV. For me, it's been palm Month.  I started with a large Palm portrait.  You'll see in at the Art Center in September, and I'll put it up on the website soon.  I've done a number of daily paintings of palms, experimenting with some different techniques, colors, and textures.  

My small daily paintings are almost always done on board rather than a stretched canvas.  I choose artichival, materials and usually paint on a surface of a hardboard covered with a  medium-tooth canvas or linen.  I often use panels from RayMar, but equally enjoy the Gessoboard surface. SourceTek has a beautiful linen on birch that's also a pleasure to paint on.  It's a joy to use materials that make a job easy.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...