Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

10/6/15

Birds, and Soft Morning, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Soft Morning, 2015, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 7" x 5"

One day last week I took my coffee out to the patio, drawn by the call of a cardinal.  I hadn't seen one for quite some time, but following the sound of their song, I found a pair darting from tree to tree.  The male was bright red and his mate more somberly dressed.  Just then the pecking of a red-bellied woodpecker on one of the large sabal palms drew my attention.  There were two of them!  Just past the sable, a snowy egret was having breakfast in the vacant lot next door.  Moving closer, I saw a small flock of young ibis searching out food in the water-filled swale by the road.  To top it off, an osprey was fishing over the bay.  

It amazed me to see such a wealth and variety of bird life in the space of a few moments right from my small patio in a nearly urban area! Living close to nature is one of the best reasons to live on Marco Island.  

If you didn't hear from me on Friday, it's because you are not signed up to receive my monthly newsletter.  I'm balancing a fine line between enough and too much.  The newsletter goes out once a month, usually on a Friday.  If you'd like to subscribe, you can do it here.  This blog goes out on Tuesday's and Fridays.  Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...