Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/2/18

Deep In, painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn




Deep In, 2017, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 16x20

Happy New Year. 

It's a bit cold today on Marco Island, and most likely a lot colder for you in the north.  

When I started this blog some years ago, blogging was new and my stream was a journal of my artistic efforts and the daily life of an artist. I'm going to give it a try again despite the variety of other internet options.  We'll see whether it's sustainable--both in the writing and your interest-- in the coming year.     

I'll work in the studio today since it's overcast and the light is rather flat.  I'm waiting for a frame for a commission, and about to start a large beach scene for a client who plays bocce on the beach and wants a painting.  Ideas have been stirring around for the last month and it's time to get busy and see how the composition looks on canvas.  

Classes will start here in my home studio next week, so I'll spend some time preparing for that as well.  
  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...