Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/6/09

An award, for me and passing it on.


Today I'm the delighted recipient of an award! It's my first blogging award, and I'm delighted and honored, especially since it's for a passion for painting. Thanks, Rob!

I'm supposed to list seven things that I love, and then pass it on to seven other artists, so here goes.

1. My husband, my family, friends old and new, for being there and adding joy to my life. My sharing, supporting art group.

2. The morning light just before the sun comes up.

3. Wild places, like the Everglades, that talk to us with ancient voices and let us hear our own.

4. The Marco Island Beach, which you can see here if you're not close enough for a walk

5. Travel - almost anywhere, and coming home again.

6. People who tell me my paintings have opened their eyes to a beauty they didn't see before.

7. A nice glass of wine and a sit on the dock at the end of the day.

Now, I'm going to pass this award on to some of my favorite artists. Some have received many awards before, but still deserve this one for passion.

Thanks for being there, for sharing, for caring, and for giving so much to others.

Sue Smith truly a wise woman and beautiful artist who just keeps giving

Bonnie Luria - a truly talented artist who finds humor in mostly everything

Linda Blondheim - a passion to succeed, and a giving soul. She loves Florida, too

David Darrow - who'll probably hate this but gives often and freely

Deborah Paris - who has a passion for the landscapes moody moments

Hugh McLeod, who makes me think or makes me laugh

Doris Glover - who took me up on the offer to link when I started blogging

4 comments:

Sue Smith said...

Jo-Ann, thank you so much. You are my inspiration, a wise woman with great talent. I just wish I could join you on that dock with the wine.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks, Sue. Some day we'll have that glass of wine on the dock--that and a little art talk would be perfect!

Also, thanks to the other seven people who wrote me directly!

Anonymous said...

JoAnn, I just came back from a week at my mothers house in Florida ( no internet ) and as I began catching up on favorite blogs, I was very surprised as well as flattered.
Thank you for the inclusion among some of my favorites as well.

Your art is a constant inspiration as is your fierce devotion to the Everglades and your environs. There's always much to learn while reading your blog.

I'll hoist a glass to you and Sue!

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks, Bonnie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...