Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/12/10

Dancing on a Foggy Morning by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Dancing on a Foggy Morning
11x14 acrylic on canvas
$325.00

Today's Everglades painting was started as a class demo in my recent Color Confidence class. Many instructors will finish a painting during the demo, and find that sales to students can supplement teaching income. I'd rather the students get to work on their own paintings rather than watch me work to the finish, and the time frame is usually too small to create a quality work.

So I use my own paintings to demonstrate techniques and applications during the class, not worrying about the final outcome or a good finish. This little painting was used to demonstrate a variety of discordant color techniques, and way to bring them together, so it was a mess of color and composition errors.

Still, there was something worth searching for in it and I couldn't just discard it. Gaining the final moody harmony was a struggle, but the results are quite satisfying.

By the way, we had a lovely time at the Friends of the Fakahatchee annual dinner last evening at the Port of the Isles. They're my charity for the Artists at the Esplanade Give-Back month and will receive a portion of my sales for April.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...