Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/30/10

Bright Sunlight, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 6"x6"

If you are in the business of being an artist today, you know that traditional methods of selling art are changing, and you may be investigating some new ways to reach your customers and clients, to keep in touch, to sustain relationships, and to let them know you're still in business.

For years I wrote a "Collector Letter" each year in the fall to share the successes and achievements of the past year with those who have a stake it in all by purchasing my work. When I was doing a large number of outdoor shows, I'd add my schedule so that they could stop by visit when they were in South Florida

Now I'm trying to do more, with a Blog, a Facebook page, and a Twitter account, and try to use each of them at least a little each week. I'm on Linkedin, too, but haven't developed that media as well as I should yet. Today I'll travel to Naples for a workshop on using social media, put on by Constant Contact, the company I use for email purposes. They've been terrific, and hope to learn more about how to use email marketing to let customers know where to see and purchase my work.

Painters need to paint wonderful paintings first. But if you want others to know about your work, keep up with the times and learn what's working. Otherwise, we'll be left behind.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This painting is very relaxing to look at. It reminds me of family vacations to the beach in the Summer.

You can find me at razzlemydazzledesigns.blogspot.com

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Hi, Jessica. Yes, the sunlight is very bright, like at the beach. Glad it brings you good memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...