Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/24/10

Summer Magic, Stormy, painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Stormy, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 16x20
Sold

After years of painting out a couple of times a week, last winter's cold and this summer's heat, and now the rain, have curtailed my twice a week visits to the Everglades. I'm starting more paintings in the studio. That's not necessarily a bad think. I know the Everglades well enough to do them justice, and my work is improving as I concentrate on the content.

Still, I love the dramatic summer light of South Florida. The light is fantastic almost every day, with rich golds and greens everywhere. The increased rain is life giving for both the plants and the animals.

Early in the day the clouds begin to billow upwards, culminating in fierce storms later in the day. Around the storms spots of sun and shadow create unforgettable drama. I miss going out to paint, and I will while I can, because despite the joys of studio work, outside is where the magic is.

See you Wed., 5-8 at the Last Wednesday Art Walk at the Artist Colony on Marco Island.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...