Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/20/12

Shell, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Shell, Jo-Ann Sanborn,
Acrylic on board, 5"x5"



I’ve painted the Everglades for 19 years now.  I and find constant renewal in the light which changes and inspires regularly.  The Everglades are favorite subject and my muse.  

Today this shell on my easel caught my attention.  New techniques, materials, and subject matter are always on the horizon and I enjoy trying them out.  Abstract paintings always revitalize my brain and my painting.  Writing the blog and my recent book are  other challenges I enjoy.  It all adds up to who I am as a painter and a person.  

Changing things around spurs the creative process.  I firmly believe an artist must always be a student. Just like the plants in my garden, if you're not growing, then you're dying.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...