Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

9/11/12

Fifty Shades of Grey, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic collage, 12x12
 
 
If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I live to do something different every now and then to stretch out the brain a little.  Today's painting, Fifty Shades of Grey, was done for the Art Center's upcoming show, Black and White.
 
I did one painting as a landscape.  Then I looked for another way to use my materials and do something I hadn't done for a while - collage.  I always enjoy fitting the parts together in an interesting composition.  By using dark and light, and all the variations of grey I was able to compose the painting.  A few little white dots and a couple of odd shapes to help lead the eye finished it up
 
The reception will be tomorrow, Tuesday, September 11, 2012, at the Marco Island Center for the Arts, 1010 Winterberry Street.  I'll be there.  Will you?  

2 comments:

Judie said...

JoAnn, that piece is so very interesting! It would make a great series. You have given me a wonderful idea for when I finally get my studio set up here in Brunswick.

I hope you are in a good place now. You certainly have had a lot on you in recent months, and I have thought about you.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Oh, Judie I've been thinking about you, too. We've both had big changes in our lives. Good luck in getting the studio set up--I have always wanted to paint in that area--the light is terrific.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...