Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/25/13

Pomegranate Flower daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Pomegranate Flower, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 6"x6"

I'm straying far from the Everglades today.  

Pomegranates are a strange and exotic fruit. Their rough outside texture doesn't begin to prepare you for the delightful tart-sweet combination of the seeds inside.  

The juice is delicious. A memorable drink was fresh-squeezed from from a huge mound of pomegranates by a vendor outside of the bazaar in Istanbul just for me.  Refreshing!  

Still, the shape of the flower of the pomegranate was unknown to me until I decided to paint one as a gift for a visitor. Thank goodness for Google.  This version was painted from a compilation of some of the images found on the Internet. 

It's difficult for me to paint something I have no personal knowledge of, so hope that it's at least close to the real thing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...