Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/24/13

Carnivale! Painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Carnivale! 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 30x15
 
When I do a commission, I sometimes do two paintings and let the client pick which one they like best.  This is the first, and below is the second. 
 
Celebration, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 30"x15"
 
My client wanted a painting similar to one I had done a while ago and sold, but in a different size and color way.  By doing two I'm more likely to present a painting they'll really love.   In addition it gives me a piece to have in inventory.  Since all of my work is original, each painting has characteristics that are unique.  And my method of painting in many small layers ensures that each painting will retain individual characteristics even if the subject is the same. 

Which one do you like?  I hope to be able to tell you what the client picked very soon. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...