Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

11/6/13

Robert Genn, and Evening Vigil, painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Evening Vigil, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 20"x16"
 
I've never met artist Robert Genn, but he's come twice a week for coffee in the morning for several years now.  We're close.  He's dear to me.  When he wrote his blog post "the bomb" tears came to my eyes.  I can't imaging losing him.  
 
He's one of those men who, at least publicly, lives a life of grace.  Articulate and funny, full of wisdom, with an abiding understand of what matters at the heart of life, he's maneuvered me through many of the intricacies of becoming a better painter and all the while, a better person, too. 
 
I know someone diagnosed with his disease who got a reprieve, and wish this deeply for Robert.  In the meantime, my prayers will be with him as he takes a journey into the unknown, one we all must take in turn. 
 
Best wishes, Robert, however the circle turns. 
 
 

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I hope for a reprieve too. It's a tough one
:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...