Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/24/09

Marco Island NewComers, Galleries, Cloud Dance Everglades Painting by Jo-Ann Sanborn


Cloud Dance
acrylic on canvas, 20x24

I have to admit that today's Everglades painting is not a daily painting. As you may have noticed a few larger paintings have snuck in among the dailies recently. Oops!

New, larger work was already underway for an August exhibition at the Blue Mangrove gallery here on Marco Island when a call came in from the NPR Gallery in New Port Richie. They had an artist back out of an upcoming Florida exhibition, saw my work on the Internet, and asked if I'd fill in. No missed opportunity regrets for me! I quickly counted what was on hand, and said yes. I'll be delivering ten paintings to them August 3!

The Everglades painting above was started as a demonstration at the Newcomers Club luncheon. I worked from a photo to do a basic block-out, but had no idea where the final painting would go. This one seemed to want to paint itself, and so I was just along for the ride.

It will be available at the Blue Mangrove Gallery exhibition next month. Stop in for a visit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...