Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

10/14/09

Singing the Blues, Daily painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Singing the Blues
5x7, acrylic on canvas
Sold

Events are moving along well with the new Artist Colony at the Esplanade. The third vacant storefront will be filled with a group of artists who met earlier this week to organize. This space was originally envisioned to meet the needs of a number of Marco artists who don't have the time, work, money or commitment to fit into the larger spaces in a cooperative arrangement.

However, when the interested group met to organize, they decided that they each wanted to be able to leave their materials and to have a spot to call their own, so they will limit the number of participants to fit into the space.

I'm a little disappointed for those who can't be accommodated immediately and would have prefer ed a more inclusive arrangement, but it's a great group of artists who will work hard to work together to make the space a special art place. They'll be in operation around the first of November, after doing some preliminary work to the space to prepare.

Singing the Blues, just finished, has been traded to artist William Ward Mosley for one of his works, given to me last spring, when we agreed to trade. Bill and his wift Pat stopped by to check out the new studio space yesterday, a perfect time to pay my debt and give them their choice of a daily painting.

Meanwhile, I'm finding that moving into new studio space takes some getting used to. I've started to make it my own by putting some of my inspiration things around. I've got a few art books to inspire me when I need a boost. I've painted a couple of dailies, and will start a larger piece today. It's time to let go of the organizational stuff and get to work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...