Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/14/10

Art League Sale, Just One daily painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Just One
acrylic on board, 6"x6"

My paintings seemed to be quiet and subdued for a while and now things are heating up with the warmer colors on my palette getting a work out. Is it the heat?

I respond to each Everglades landscape individually, and can't always be sure where even a small painting will take me, but I am enjoying the slower summer pace and the warmer colors. Today? Who knows. We'll see what my muse brings to the table.

One thing I'm planning this week is to stop by the Art League of Marco for their special sale. They've cleaned out the closets and are having a Rediscovered Treasure Trove of goods for sale. In addition to a wide range of 2 and 3-D work for sale, they'll be demonstrations centered around restoring and rejuvenating your older treasures. Should be fun, and I know they can use the money. If you're around I hope you'll help support this effort or stop in and enjoy one or more of the demonstrations. More information here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...