Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/25/11

Too much passion becomes a curse, Everglades Artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Spring Sunset, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 12x12,

I love working with a palette knife.  You can really go at the painting in a very immediate and almost physical way.  The knife flew out of my hand several times while working on some passages.  Still, I find that the knife alone cannot produce the quality of finished I like in a painting.  I'll experiment some more to integrate the delightful tactile textures and mixes of the knife with some brushwork to produce the right balance of finish for the final painting.  

Just as in life, it's balance that works, and sometimes too much passion can be a curse. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...