Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/1/11

Safe Journey, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"

April 1 is no joke (April Fools Day) on Marco Island.  April 1 signals a slowly growing peace as the frenetic activity of season comes to a close and our snowbirds begin their yearly migration north.  

Traffic, activities and attendance will begin to slow as the heat of our sub-tropical climate increases and about two-thirds of our population begin to leave the island.  Today's daily painting is symbolic of starting out on a new journey. 

When I was sailing I always superstitiously tossed any change in my pocket into the sea to appease the Sea Gods.  I've done that this morning for you.  To those who may be making a journey, I wish you light winds and calm waters until your return. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...