Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/25/11

Tonight's the Night! QR Code, Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn


Do you know what this is?  You may have seen them in newspapers or magazines, even on posters, and not known exactly what they are. 

It's a QR code!  They are much like a bar code, and you can " read" it with your smart phone.  Smart phones are all the new phones, not just iphones, that can browse the web with ease. 

This one will take you to my website.  Try it--Check out my Everglades art!  Just point the phone at the image on your screen and click.  Pretty neat, huh? 

I've already got one on display in the studio, so you can reach me if I'm not there when you visit.  I'll be putting it in all my new promotional materials for a while.  There's even newer technology coming out soon, that will be even faster and easier to use.  Wow!

Try it with your smart phone when you come to Art Walk tonight!  If you need one for your website, you can get it at Kaywa or Quikqr.  They can be used for test messages, too!

TONIGHT's the night for the Artist Colony at the Esplanade ArtWalk, held the last Wednesday of every month from 5-8 p.m.  Hope you can come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...