Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/14/13

Colorstrology, and Sherbet for Breakfast, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Sherbet for Breakfast, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"

Orange again!  Sherbet colors in the Everglades!   

What could be the influence?  Fresh orange and pink grapefruit juice for breakfast now that the Farmer's Market has such good citrus?  The beautiful orangery sherbet colors in the evening sky? My new orange hoodie?  

Or my new interest in Colorstrology?  Yes, Colorstrology!  The word was new to me when I received the book as a gift, so I did some research. 

The colors have been developed from the Pantone Textile Color System.  Each color has a unique shade and number, and each day of the year is assigned a color.  The astrological and numerical aspects of each day, combined with this color system, are referred to as colorstrology.  

Alas, my Birthday color is not orange, but Azalea, Pantone 17-1842.  Maybe I should re-think the amount of orange in my newer paintings, and should try pinking it up a bit.  

Want to know what YOUR birthday color is?  I have the book on the desk at my studio/gallery and you are welcome to come and brouse.  So far, most people really seem to identify with the color designated for their day. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...