Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/30/13

Commission work, and a Gathering of Royals painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn


A Gathering of Royals, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 30x40


Sometimes people are drawn to my work, but I don't have a piece on hand that meets their their needs for size and color.  In that case I will offer to do a commission piece for them. 

To get started, we'll look together at pieces of existing artwork, sometimes in the studio, looking through my book, or on the phone with both of us looking at my paintings on a computer.  That helps me to determine exactly what sort of painting might be compatible with their home and their lifestyle. 

Some clients prefer that I visit their home, to help determine what size might be perfect for the space they have in mind.  A home visit also helps me to see the colors they love to live with, and the light in the space they have planned for the painting.
 
I'll only take on a commission if I am fairly certain that I can meet their needs with a piece they will treasure.  It brings me great pleasure to see the delight on someones face when their Sanborn painting is ready to be enjoyed as part of their home and life.  

A Gathering of Royals was one of several recent commissions.  I hope it will bring my client much pleasure. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...