Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/2/13

Three words, and Rising Clouds painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Rising Clouds, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 24x36
 
 
This may be the last of the Channel Series.  Rising Clouds seems rather hopefully that I've worked out some things.  Interestingly, most of them have sold, with others identifying with the shapes, colors, or meaning.  Thank you!   
 
Thanks to Chris Brogan, for the last three years I've chosen three words to help guide me in the coming year.  They are displayed prominently over my desk at home and in the studio. They've helped me grow as a person and as an artist.
 
My words were Love, Focus, and Growth in 2011, and Courage, Patience, and Discipline for 2012. I'm not done with them yet, because I'm not done with me as an artist and a person, but they have become a part of me and remind me to work towards my ideal self. 
 
So for 2013, I've chosen Strength, Assess, and Balance.  Strength to do what's needed both my art and my personal life.  Assess to take a moment to really think about what's needed in any situation, or in a piece of art I'm working on.  Balance will remind me that there's give and take in all of life and art, and getting too far out of whack in any direction makes you vulnerable so should be considered carefully.
 
It's a great excercise and I highly recommend it.  How about you?  What words would you chose to guide you this year? 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...