Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/8/13

Palm Island, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Palm Island, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
oil on board, 5x7
 
This little palm island is on Four Stakes, a prairie I visited earlier this year. The light was fabulous and remains in my memory.  I hope to get back there soon! 
 
There are fewer visitors to the studio in the summer, so I'll spend some time over next few weeks giving the studio a summer fresh-up.  Here is just a partial list to get me started.   
 
  • Painting that haven't sold will be critically reviewed.  Once in a while this will mean a make-over for a piece I thought was done, but realize later it can be improved.  
 
  • Frames will be examined to make sure that they haven't become damaged with the wear and tear of being moved around in the gallery.  
 
  • Shelves will be cleaned off and dusted, paintings and furniture moved, floors washed and light bulbs replaced.
 
  • Paint and brush supplies will be inventoried and ordered.  I know I have plenty of canvases, but will check sizes to make sure I have what I need plus some extras.
I enjoy working in an organized space and having what I need handy.  My gallery space is welcoming, and I love having it ready for your visit. So please do--visit, that is!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...