Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/28/13

Morning, Summer, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Morning, Summer, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
oil on board, 5"x7"
 
 
Hard to believe that it's almost Labor Day weekend, which to me signals the end of summer.  I know many people on Marco Island feel differently, but summer is my favorite season.   The skies are magnificent, and the afternoon thunderstorms so powerful and dramatic. 
 
Here's part of a blog post I wrote in the summer of 2007--six years ago: 
 
   I've added a link to the Daily Painters Guild website. I don't know any of them, but have been admiring their work for some time. Most of them paint every day, as I do. Their paintings are usually quite small. I paint small paintings sometimes, but use the summer when I'm not so busy and have a little more space in the studio to do larger works.
 
How things change!  Today I'm a member of the Daily Paintworks website myself.  You can click on the link in the upper right hand corner of my blog.  I
I know several of the daily painters in person, own a few of their works myself, and paint small paintings at least three times a week! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...