Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

9/27/07


One of the most asked questions on the show circuit is "How long did it take you to paint that?" It's a question I dread, and usually try to turn the conversation to why I painted it rather than the length of time it took. Does it speak to you? Do you like the colors? Have you seen a sunset like that? Sometimes you can really be "in the zone" totally focused and the very best painting comes easily. Other times, it's agony and hard work. Today was agony. I spent a couple of hours of working on this small painting. The more I worked the further I got from the original idea. Finally I took it out to the kitchen sink and for a good scrub! It's now closer to the original in feel and composition and ready for a new start.
Congratulations to Ann & Jim Beatty of Illinois, on the addition of "Morning" to their collection.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...