Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/23/08

Ship & Shore

Many well-known artists have spent time painting my homwtown, Gloucester, MA. For years the changing light and the working harbor have drawn artists from all over the country. Artists such as Winslow Homer and Emile Gruppe's paintings have helped to make images of Gloucester very recognizable. While I rarely paint anything other than my dear Everglades, each year I paint at least one painting of the Gloucester area after my visit there. This one was prompted by a walk on Gloucester's beautiful Good Harbor beach. One day the water was warm enough for a dip, and the very next day froze our feet, but always the sounds of the waves can sooth the soul.

Ship & Shore
14" x 11" (35.6cm x 28.0cm)
acrylic on canvas
$300 plus $25 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...