Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/4/10

Out of Focus, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn


Yes, today's photo is out of focus. Its either that, or nothing. Yesterday I chose not to post it, and then forgot to redo the photo. I realize there are no excuses for this!

My camera, same brand and model as my old one, doesn't seem to work the same way at all. In addition, I'm never in my old studio where I took fine photos in the past, at the times the light is just right. The new Studio at the Artist Colony in the Esplanade has very uneven light and I can't seem to get a good photo there at all. Sometimes, however, I will take a quick photo to remind me that I haven't documented the work yet so that I don't forget while going back and forth.

It's funny how what you do comes back to haunt you. Not long ago I suggested, to another blogger who had asked for comments about her blog, that she not apologize for h
er photos. Hers were almost always good, at least on my computer, and often I couldn't see the flaws she she apologized for almost daily. Looking for the flaws took the focus off the beautiful works of art she was creating.

So, sorry, Kelly. I can't seem to get a good photo, and this one's definitely worth an apology! But sometimes life is a little out of focus, and if you just squint a little . . . . . . . . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...