Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/19/10

Dressed for Success, daily painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Dressed for Success
Acrylic on canvas, 5x7
Sold

Today's Everglades palms are all dressed in their summer finery. They remind me of a group of office workers going to lunch. They're all wearing the same uniform from the same stores, with only minor variations. It's expected of teenagers, who all want to fit in, they make me smile when I see a group of them looking so similar, all the while struggling to get out of the mold fate and family put them in and chose their own path. It's when adults act like sheep that we have to worry.



I've finished the commission I've been working on, and delivered it over the weekend. The painting will go into a niche in a wall. The client had ordered the painting frameless, not sure whether the painting would need one or not. They decided some sort of a frame was necessary, so I've ordered a "floater" frame which I think will be perfect. It will finish off the edge making the painting just a little more formal, but will not be so strong as to overwhelm the niche.

My next commission will be quite different. Its to be a songbird forest and meadow painting to be used inside the lid of an antique music box. Not my usual, but after all, what's life without a challenge!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

We love our painting! Makes us all want to take a walk down the path to the beach! It's beautiful.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks, Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...