Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/10/10

Looking Time, Morning in Spring daily painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Morning in Spring
acrylic on board, 5"x7"

When I think a painting is complete, I often leave it against the wall in the studio for a while. I'll look at it when I pass by, and see it in a different way than when it's still on the easel. Sometimes some part of the painting might need a little correction, a change in value or in line. Occasionally the looking time will mean major changes to ensure a quality piece. I'll groan and get to work.

With daily paintings, some days there's no time for that important "looking time." If you look just behind the tree at the dark green in today's Everglades painting, you'll see that the value is a little too dark and the edge a little to hard for the rest of the painting.

It's important to do the very best I can with each painting. I know it's important to you, too, so once I see something to improve a painting, I'll get to work on it's correction. Groan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...