Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

11/17/10

Arts Afire on Marco Island!



I'm doing too much other than painting right now. This happens to me now and again, and with a big show coming up in February and family responsibilities increasing over the holidays, I have to make some decisions to pull back.

So, I've bowed out of a joint venture to produce labyrinth floor cloths, and will leave the Palette Parties to others in my studio. I'm most likely going to have to pass on being on the committee of the Chamber of Commerce's "Wet Paint Live." Still, I believe that the arts build community, was brought up to be service oriented, and have to put some time in making the arts grow.

The Arts Advisory Committee of the City of Marco, which for two years has been a very manageable commitment, is doing something that I just can't refuse. We're working on a new Celebration of the Arts to include fine arts, music, dance, and theater. It will a wonderful opportunity for our community to view and enjoy the arts, and will end with a celebratory dinner dance and presentation of Flame Arts Awards on March 20, 2011.

Arts Afire website will be up soon, but in the meantime you can do your part by nominating someone for one of the awards. I'll have applications in the studio, and so will the Art League of Marco and the Marco Foundation for the Arts.

You also download a copy from front page of the City of Marco's website, or here. Look for the flames, and look to your fellow citizens and see who might deserve a little recognition in the literary, visual or performing arts.

Deadline is December 31, so don't delay. Nominate someone today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...