Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/7/11

Art Collectors, Outgoing personality by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Outgoing Personality, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x36"

Without collectors, there would be very little reason for me to make art.  I would, because I always have, but it is the connection to others who see my work, feel what I feel, and participate by purchase that make me love what I do.  

When a collector chooses a painting, is willing to pay for it and to live with it, a connection has been established between the collector and the artist whether it is openly recognized or not, and a valued partnership has been established.  As an artist the purchase of my work is the highest complement someone can give me. 

Many of you love the land, and speak with enthusiasm about your love for the Everglades landscape I portray. Others find enjoyment in the colors I use or the bold forms. This year I'd like to do a better job of honoring this connection, offer opportunities for collector participation, do a better job of keeping in touch, and reach out to new collectors.

Here's how I'll start:
Better recognition for multiple purchases
     Communications special to people who own two or more paintings, 2x this year
     Develop testimonial page on website or blog?
     Continue to offer discount for second purchase and beyond.

Better gift and appreciation recognition
     Purchasers of Daily Paintings - send post card or book mark
     Purchasers of Studio Paintings - send a card or watercolor thank you

Mail 2 x yearly
     Send post card for solo show – early January (almost ready!)
     Mail yearly schedule in October

Reach out to Everglades community
     Participate in Friends of the Fakahatchee Safari – scheduled Feb 26th

I'm expecting that it will only take me two hours a week to fulfill these goals, little enough time for the lifeblood of my business.  To those of you who have purchased and are reading this THANK YOU!  I'm very appreciative of your part in my continued success!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...