Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/21/11

Saw Palm Magazine, Painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

On Dan House Prairie, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Sold

Saw Palm is a literary and art magazine that began as a creative writing project for a class at the University of South Florida.  It's fun, colorful, thoughtful, with a bit of an edge.  I follow it because it follows a Florida lifestyle.

As an artist, every submission means that you might have to accept the rejection that invariably come, no matter how well known you get or how good the work.  "If you can't do the time, (rejection) don't do the crime (submission.)"  courtesy of my husband, retired law enforcement. 

When I got up the gumption, I submitted some Everglades material and was delighted to discover that my submission has been accepted!  A written piece was accepted to Saw Palm's Places to Stand in Florida, and two of my paintings will be published in the next issue.

My submission for Places to Stand in Florida is the introduction to my book,  You and can see Places to Stand in Florida on Dan House Prairie here.

My apologies for last week's abundance of posts, some twice and some before their time.  I work really hard at making what you get in your inbox meaningful to you.  You can envision me using the the bad words of your choice when this happened, not once but twice!  So sorry!

The studios will close at 2 pm on Christmas Eve day, so get your last minute goodies before then.  We'll reopen on December 28th, the last Wednesday of the month for ArtWalk.  Please join us for "Out with the Old, In with the New for our usual good cheer and some special pricing on many works of art.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...