Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

3/28/12

ArtWalk! Southern Spring painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Southern Spring, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Acrylic on canvas, 36" x 48"

I dropped and of course, broke, my camera, and can't seem to get a good photo of this painting on my phone.  Another camera is on order, and my very dear client was kind enough to take this photo for me of a  commission just finished and delivered. 

This lovely couple already own one of my paintings, and found that they liked living with it.  They thought of my work to fill the foyer at the entrance to their home. 

Commissions are very difficult for me, since you never really know what someone else is envisioning. Without clear direction, I was on my own as far as composition and to some extent, color.  I wanted the painting to be strong enough to hold it's own between the two beautifully carved pillars.  I wanted to give it some distance, too, bringing you in rather than stopping you, creating a barrier.  And I wanted it different from the other painting they owned, yet compatible. 

I'm always a little nervous delivering a finished, comission piece.  They loved it, and said,  

"I can't tell you how pleased we are with our commission. The more we look at it, the more proud we are.  I want you to know that your two paintings displayed in our home make us very proud. This painting is highlighted in the foyer niche and will make a statement to all who visit us. Thank you!

Phew!

The Artist Colony at the Esplanade's ArtWalk is tonight from 5 - 8.  We always try to have something special for you, and tonight, in addition to our usual refreshments and new art work, we'll have both Michael Smith and some Strummers to play for you. 



If you take part in our Scavenger Hunt, and get all the right answers, you"ll be eligible to win our Easter Basket, filled with goodies from each of the artists in the Colony. 

Hope to see you tonight! 
   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...