Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/16/12

Vegetables, a shell and some Wolf Kahn paintings!

Shell Post Card, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Watercolor on paper, 4"x6"
Visiting New England was a lot about eating and shared meals with family and friends.  I attended a fabulous lobster feast in Rhode Island, with fresh caught steamers, yummy salad overlooking the sea the Ocean House in Watch Hill, (ask me about my new shoes, purchased in the lobby after lunch!)  Fried Clams in Gloucester, Fruit and chocolate birthday cake in Hopkinton, Chinese in Maine.  There's more, but you get the idea that I came home with a few more pounds than I needed.

But what really stands out is what good cooks my daughters and their families are, and how wonderful fresh vegetables can be.  New England, which so far is not severely affected by drought was bursting with harvest.  Beet and carrot soup, cucumber salad, fresh BLT's, and the best ever fried green tomatoes, much of it homegrown. Garlic salad!


 It was almost enough to make me want to stay, until I saw this


reminding me why I really love living in Florida.  No mittens!

While in Kent, Ct, my daughter and I enjoyed a visit with William Morrision at the terrific Morrison Gallery.  It's a beautiful, clean-space gallery with great light, and almost always has some Peter Woytek, sculptures to enjoy.

I knew that the gallery had hosted a Wolf Kahn exhibition, but was expecting it to be over by the time of my visit.  We were excited to see that the show was still hanging.


Wooooooo, what a treat! 




Ah, delightful!  Fat and content I rolled my way home.   Energized, and ready to get back to work.

The shell at the top of this post?  It's to remind you that the Artist Colony at the Esplanade's ArtWalk theme this month will be "We sell Sea Shells."  Save the date, August 27th!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...