Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/3/12

Where Inspiration meets Execution! Off to the Beach painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Off to the Beach, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 20x24

My inspiration is the land around me.  I find that being outside in natural surroundings makes me want to paint, and inspires me to paint again and again. Nature is my muse. 

Every time I'm outside absorbing nature's bounty, I notice something I might never have seen before, or seen a million times before, without notice.  The way the leaves of a Sable Palm rustle and ripple in the wind, the shape of a swamp lily bloom following the sun, colors that sing, light that delights.

Then it's off to the easel, hoping through my efforts to translate that vision, that gift, onto a canvas.  And hoping that the moment will be recorded in time, and that you will look at the painting and say "ah."

And where inspiration meets execution successfully, you'll feel it, too.  When it's right, it will please you, delight you, and touch your heart.  And the painting will mean something in a way that is bigger and better than either of us.  That's the joy of original art. 

2 comments:

Fran Hillman said...

Yes an "Ah" feeling and beautiful colours.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Love your iPad work, Fran,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...