Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

11/28/12

Fall Parade daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Fall Parade, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"
 
 
This is a group of palms in the Fakahatchee further south than the group I've been painting.  The reds and oranges of autumn have still crept in.  I had to fuss with the color of the sky to get the temperature cool enough.  It went from orange, then yellow, both too warm, a light blue didn't suit me, and finally the cool pink seems to work well. 
 
Doing the little dailies is a pleasure since it's It's been quite busy in the studio, and I have sevaral commissions to finish. Most are going well, but one is giving me a hard time.  I know that the cause is I'm unclear about exactly what the client expects.  Most likely this is my fault rather than the client.  If I don't ask the right questions or get the right feedback there can be a disconnect. 
 
I'm excited about the concept for the painting,  so I'll just  have to give it a dramatic revision to see if I can get it control and going in a direction I can work with.  If not, I'll go back for more guidance to be sure we're on the same track. 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...