Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

11/7/12

Island Breeze, painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Island Breeze, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 30x30


Today's painting, Island Breeze, was started way back in August when we had that little hurricane flurry long before Sandy.  It's been on my website for about a week, and I just realized I hadn't shown it here yet. 

With getting the new studio ready and preparing for the Grand Opening, both the weather and my activity level changed dramatically, and so did the painting. 

When I started this painting, these three palms trees were moving and blowing in a pretty stiff wind.  Today, they are barely swaying in the light breeze in an almost idyllic view.  

Could the painting have morphed as a reflextion of my own activites, from overly busy to now settled into the new studio? 



3 comments:

Susan Roux said...

This is a lovely painting! Yes, yes, yes! It certainly could morph to reflect your own spirit. I love the colors you used. So inviting.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful color harmony, JoAnn.
I admire your getting things done with all you've been through this summer.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks, Susan.

Mary, work is my best outlet right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...