Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/7/12

Beach Club by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Beach Club, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 36x48
 
 
November was a busy month, and with several commissions to do, I neglected a few things. I'm playing catch-up in what is already a busy season. 
 
 
Today's painting, Beach Club, was painted at the request of my daughter who loves the tall palms I sometimes paint. 
 
Glorious, a commission, has been installed in a beautiful dining room in Cape Marco. 
 
 Glorious, 2012, jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 36x48
 

Everglades Breeze, another commission, was supposed to go into a hallway, but the owners were so pleased with it they hung it where they could pass by it more often.
 
 
Everglades Breeze, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 16x20
 
Dawning won an honorable mention in the NAWA-FL show Image Makers. Dawning is part of the Channel series that has deep and personal meaning for me.  To have one of them recognized is especially rewarding.  Happy Birthday, dear.   
 
Dawning, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 11x14
 
It's been almost two weeks since I've been out to the Everglades.  If you don't show up then you miss the magic that unfolds when you least expect it.  I need to get out there and see what's new and what's happening.  Sometimes something passed a million times goes unnoticed until it is ready to take center stage. If you're not there, you miss it.   
 
Truth, not flair, is what my painting is all about, and I'll make a  point of going out this weekend to see what's going on. Then I will take great pleasure in sharing it with you in a painting!  

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I will look forward to it, my dear and soon we will be able to go out together!!!

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

I'm looking forward to your Naples annual trek. We'll do some painting and have some fun, Mary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...