Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/19/12

Gathering, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Gathering, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"
 
 
Here's a little gathering of Everglades palms.  When I see a group like this, not really touching but still making a related group, I wonder about how they come to survive in this location.  The palms can only survive where the nutrient level of the soil allows it.  Why is there enough just right here?  If I were a scientist it would make an interesting study to learn more about the soils just under different groups.   
 
You have probably been at a lot of gatherings in the last few weeks.  It's something we do more during the holidays.  It's a great time for entertaining, and including friends who you might not see all the time.  Parties are fun, as long as there's not too many and they become an obligation.
 
I've been staying pretty close to the studio myself.  Painting has always been my outlet and continues to sustain me, and the new studio gallery keeps me busy. 
 
If you don't get my December newsletter, you can see it here.  Sorry if you received it addressed to "dear contact name"  rather than to your very dear self.  It was a newsletter provider glitch that happens without warning.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...