Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/15/12

Path through the Grasses, daily painting by Everglades painter Jo-Ann Sanborn

Path through the Grasses, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on archival board, 5"x7"

I have always loved Christmas time, but this year is more difficult than most.  I'll have family visiting, done some decorating and will do some cooking.  I'm looking forward to laughing and sharing with loved ones.  My heart breaks for those Connecticut mothers who have lost children and have to get through such a hard holidiy time right now.  
 
The studio has been busy and is keeping me occupied.  Busy as it is, I'm painting daily and want to post paintings for you.  I can stress, or simplify. Guess which I decided?  Simplify!  So in the next couple of weeks you may see daily paintings without many words.  
 
The subject will be "light in the landscape" for four Monday afternoons in January.  I'll be teaching at the Marco Island Center for the Arts.  If you 'd like to come along, you can sign up at the Marco Island Center for the Arts, or online here

Has anyone tried to "follow" and been unable to do so?  I haven't had a new follower for a while and am wondering if there's a problem. I seem to be having trouble verifying on blogs I might like to comment on, and some people are having this problem with mine.  Can anyone help with answers?   I've researched and tried several fixes that didn't work.  If it continues it may be time to change things up a bit, but it will mean possibly loosing all of you who have been getting the blog through the original google group.    

In any case I'm so glad you have stuck with me for another year.   I'm reluctant to make changes that may be a problem for you, so am proceeding carefully.  We'll see what the new year brings.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This painting popped right off the sidebar!
Glad to hear you're taking it slowly.
Yes, the Connecticut tragedy is on my mind :( I feel so helpless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...