Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/26/12

End of year and Five on a Prairie, daily painting by Everglades Artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Five on a Prairie, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"
 
 
UGH, the end of the year is coming.  Why does it have to come so soon after Christmas?  I'd love a few weeks to remove the Christmas debris and get ready for the New Year properly, but there's only a few days.

It's the time of year when I look back, to see what I've accomplished, and look ahead to see what comes next.  I choose three words to help guide me along the path I've chosen.  Courage, patience and discipline were my words for 2012.  I've got courage down pretty well, and have worked hard on discipline but patience could really use some work.  UGH,. I'm not done with this year yet! 

It's also the time of year when I rewrite all my promotional materials to reflect any changes.  It has really paid off to have them ready when someone asks.  If they are all redone and dated with the new year it's easy to find them quickly to send out when there's an unexpected request. 

I've been thinking about changes to my website.  FASO, my wonderful website provider, has a new template that looks promising.  I'd love to find the time to try it for myself.  I have to plan quite a body of time for new web adventures because I'm only barely literate in computese, get quite frustrated, and often have to use "support" services.  Luckily, FASO's support is extraordinary. 

Trips to the Everglades and have given me several ideas for new paintings, in addition to the ones lingering in my mind.  I can't wait to get back to the easel.  That's really where I'm happiest these days. 

Still, I'll put all this aside and family will take priority for a few more days.  That's how it should be.  The studio will be closed today and open at noon on Thursday and Friday so I can be with them.  Maybe we'll attend the Naples Botanical Gardens "lights in the garden" tonight.  Sounds magical.  The rest can wait. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...