Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

3/25/13

Favorite things, Palms on a Prairie, daily painting by Everglades Artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Palm on a Prairie, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Acrylic on board, 5"x'7"
 

Do you have a group of things that you just love? Things that you have collected through life, or things that have a personal meaning just for you? Things that bring a smile to your face or satisfaction to the soul? Favorite things, that you like to have around, on, near, or close by?
 
Although I'm a coffee drinker, I love a really good cup of tea.  I love a pastel layered dawn, hearing from my children, and having a day with nothing at all to do. I love my art books, with Wolf Kahn's Pastel book, Edgar Payne's Composition for Outdoor Painting and Gruppe on Painting at the top of the list.
 
I love the little dish sitting on my kitchen counter with the little clay pieces that represent each of my grandchildren, much of the handmade pottery pieces I use every day, and a few choice works of art by others.
 
I love the piece of coral that my late husband handed me on Puff the Magic Dragon's beach in Hana lei, and the photo of my sister and I as young mothers sharing a laugh.
 
These are just some of the first things that come to mind.  What are some of your favorite things? 
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...