Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

3/29/13

Off to Africa! Palm by a Slough, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Palm by a Slough, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 7"x5"
 
 
 
You know me as an Everglade artist.  Often out in the glades or on the beach, painting the palms and landscape of South Florida.  (notice me peeking out from under the cloud)  But I'll bet you didn't know that I have an African side.  Yes, it's me again, peeking out from under an African sky. 


The above two-sided gem was made by a friend, and we are still giggling over the silliness of it all, however I'm truly grateful for the opportunity to accompany a dear friend on a trip to Africa's western coast this April.  

Thanks to another dear friend my studio will remain open Wed-Sat, and my affairs here on the island are in good hands.  I'll keep you posted if at all possible.   
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...