Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

3/20/13

Open House, and Edge of a Woodland, painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Edge of a Woodland, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 20"x24"
 
 
Come Along!
Four Stake Prairie Paintings
An Evening of Art
 
Sunshine Studios Open House
at the Esplanade, Marco Island
in conjunction with The Artist Gallery
 

Thursday, March 21, 5-7 p.m. 
Refreshments! 
 
 
This is the sixth of the Four Stake Prairie Paintings.  Edge of a Woodland features the intriguing Everglades bald cypress during their relatively short leafless period.  When the light is just right, my painting genes quiver and I want to express their unique character with paint on canvas. 
 
I was hoping to get back to the Prairie after the spring rain we had, and see the Bald Cypress sprouting their first little bits of green, but it was not to be.  My first miserable cold in years made it impossible for me to inflict my germs on others.  Now the trees are in almost full green, and you won't see anything like the above painting until a lucky day next winter! 
 
You will be able to see all seven of the Four Stake paintings together  at my studio gallery for an open house event in conjunction with the new Artist's Gallery right around the corner, An Evening of Art.  Three of the paintings have already sold, but the owners have graciously allowed me to borrow them, so it will be the only time to see them all together. Hope you can come! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...