Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

9/8/15

Hibiscus, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Hibiscus, 2015, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 7"x 5"

I love their trumpet shape of hibiscus and the wonderful combinations of color in the multiple varieties.  They are perfect to tuck a bloom behind your ear when you are feeling tropical or to enjoy in a petite vase on your dressing table for morning ablutions.  This one is from a plant in my back yard.  I've added the background--and if I am patient, will have more greenery surrounding my small plant in the future.

Alas, the blooms are fleeting, lasting only a day. 




1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Une peinture magnifique... J'aime beaucoup les hibiscus... Très belle harmonie de couleurs.

Gros bisous ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...