Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

9/1/15

You are My Sunshine, daily painting by Everglades Artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

You Are My Sunshine, 2015, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5" x 7"

First of September!

It won't be fall for a while here on Marco Island, but the turn of the calendar portents the change of season to come.  It's been a hot, hot, summer, with a sufficient amount of rain to refresh the Everglades waterflow and to make us humans long for drier weather.  The sunsets and sunrises have been spectacular this year, one of the best years I can remember for pure drama in the skies.

With the Marriott closed and Starbucks moved, the Esplanade has been particularly quiet. September should be another quiet month, barring the excitement of a tropical storm or hurricane but traffic will slowly increase. It's a cycle that those of us who live here have come to expect.

Artists need time alone to refine their ideas. Summer is a good time for me to paint large, and for contemplating painting, too.  It's a time to try new materials, try out new ideas, and to develop techniques.   I'm very appreciative of the time I've had this summer to do just that.

Doesn't mean I don't miss you. You Are My Sunshine!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...