Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/4/08

Emerging artist Kim Nyland spent the morning with me yesterday. Kim's parents have several of my paintings and she admired my work. Her morning's lesson was a Christmas gift from her husband. Kim thought "that he really thought outside the box on this one, and got it right!"We had a wonderful time as we shared many of the same interests, inspirations, and art books. Kim was just in from the Chicago area, so she didn't mind that the heat didn't seem to work in half the house and that the studio was a bit on the chilly side. She went home with lots of enthusiasm, some notes, some Internet references, and the start of a beautiful painting. It was the first time I tried to fit a second artist in my small studio, and it worked out OK. I'm hoping that the worst of the cold weather is over for a while and the studio will warm up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...