Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/2/08

Happy New Year. Did you make some resolutions? It's such a great time to start fresh with something to improve. I have all the usual ones in mind, exercise more, be kinder and gentler to everyone, call my sister more, and another whole set for my artistic self, including trying new techniques and stretching myself out of my comfort zone. I've found that the best way for me to to achieve something is to set goals, for the day, the week and the month. I already have a long list for today, so I better get busy!

I'll be working on paintings that just didn't make the cut into the new year! Most of the offensive parts are already painted over, and I'll be looking at them with fresh eyes and new ideas. Also, today is the second reception at Sweet Art Gallery, Trade Center Way, Naples, from 5to 8. If you're not already partied out, stop by and see some great paintings by local artists.

Today's painting, Out for a Walk would make a nice companion piece for last weeks December Morning! The colors are similar and they'd look great as a pair. Maybe one of your New Year resolutions is to purchase a Sanborn painting! It's easy and fun, and you'll join the ONE percent of the American public who purchase original art!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...